Monday, June 11, 2007

Help me!

A little bit of update - forgot to emphasize we're teaching MALAY LANGUAGE.
---------------------------
I'm glad I wrote about the new 'teaching' thing in my previous entry. Thanks to my dearest friends and family for being so supportive.

Sekolah Malaysia Southampton will begin it's journey InshaALlah on Saturday, 16th June 2007. There will be three classes for three different age groups and I'll be handling those aged 9-12 yrs old and 13-17 yrs old. For the first class this week, I'll be handling the little darlings aged 4-8 yrs old, only for registration and a short introduction. But there's a big task of preparing the syllabus and appropriate teaching materials for these little beings. Any ideas on what and how? If you have any interesting materials/suggestions on teaching kids this age (4-8yrs old), especially on Malay language and the basics of Islam and being a Muslim, please help me out. I would very much appreciate your kind advice and attention.

For your information, Sekolah Malaysia Southampton (Southampton Malaysian School) is managed by a group of parents and postgraduate students of the Malaysian community here. We'll surely need a lot of help to materialize it's mission and vision. So, let me hear your kind thoughts and please remember us in your prayers. May Allah help us all :)

6 comments:

me a name i call myself said...

alhamdulillah, everything sounds so interesting :) kite takde ape2 materials, but if i do come across anything which are both interesting and related i'll keep u informed..

congratulations akak...

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum Kak Nurin,


I came across this website some time ago when I was browsing for books to buy for my youngest brother. Might be helpful for you, though the list of books caters mostly for those whose first language is English. Because this is an american website, some of the books might not even be available in the UK. Tapi mungkin, can give you a rough guideline.

Hope you find this helpful.

Take care.
And Selamat Mengajar =)

Anonymous said...

Oopps... baru perasan the 'malay language' part. My bad.

lukluk said...

w'salam shafaf, jazakillah. its' ok and it's no doubt useful inshaAllah, perlu usaha translate je :). lagipun part BM tu akak baru update dlm content, my mistake.

nad, thanks for ur kind thoughts. akak link nad ye?

the virt said...

tahniah rin! i dont think u'll have much problems to be a teacher coz u have the soul in you!

as same as nad, currently there's nothing in my mind, or my doc to share... but i'll let u know if i have one! insyallah!

moga sukses yah!

lukluk said...

mekasih am! du'a 4 me k :)