Friday, February 11, 2005

???

dear ...,
there are times
I wish I'm just like you
asking whatever your mind inquires
sharing whatever your heart desires
sometimes I wish I'm just
as open and transparent
as you are ...

sometimes I wish
I could be just like anyone else
who chooses and decides
what they want
what they like
regardless of what others may say
regardless of the rules I need to obey
sometimes I wish that my heart and mind
would be as free as a bird
with wings, flying high up to the lovely sky

sometimes I just wish
I'm good at everything I'm not
and I'm a person everyone cherishes,
loves and all that's nice and right

oh how sometimes ... I wish!

BUT ON A SECOND (THIRD, 4TH ...) THOUGHT
what you wish might harm you more
than what He has bestowed you with
what you deserve,
the most suitable,
things you can handle with your little might ...
doesn't He Knows Best and we know NOT?

I've learn to learn what life's all about
I've learn to appreciate what I have
and what I have not
I've learn to appreciate what I am
rather than wishfully hoping I'm what I'm not
as I'm as special and unique as anyone could be
simply because ALlah created ME!
and hey, I'm a Muslimah Mukminah ...
shouldn't I feel thankful,
shouldn't I be pleased enough???

feb '05 - kew
*written through the days - when life seems too commonly absurd? (is there such an expression???)

2:216 Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

No comments: