Wednesday, May 02, 2007

that day in January 2007 ...

I receive a note from beloved father. And how I wish, I could hug him and tell him
"I LOVE YOU FOREVER!"

This is Papa. I glanced at the photo of my grandson. How I feel to be with him in times of need. Eyes of marbles and lips with amplified meanings, looking with anxieties......my goodness tears on my cheeks, remembering those good old days taking him for a stroll to far away places. Complacent in his buggy unaware of the journey, whether it is cold, hot or windy. Soccer is his favourite and he knows where and when to get started. He is a left footer and dribles like a six footer. When the day gets dark it is time to get back. Once again he is in the driver's seat. Home we go through the Commons and the uncommon, sometimes breaking the speed limit of FURZEDOWN ROAD and passing the NO ENTRY ROAD. Passerbyes with curiosity will have all the smiles, looking at this cutie already in his dreams of the far away places and his Chaffeur of Minangkabau origin. Alhamdulillah, home at last, waiting with garlands of curry aroma are his Opaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah and Umi. Unfortunately.... he is still in his dreams .

To Nurin Mazaya, we are proud of you as a wife and mother. Keep it up. We love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

18th January 2007


No comments: